Top 40 Best Beach Hotels in Kenya
Posted on November 3, 2020
In search of the best beach hotels in Kenya? Look no further than this post. Kenya is world-known as the best safari destination in Africa; however, this can’t be without a beach stay. Located along the Indian Ocean, Kenya has a long coastline stretching from its bonder with Somalia. Along the long coastline, there are beautiful sandy beaches with the best beach hotels one would wish to stay at. Beach hotels in Kenya
Best beach hotels in Kenya
Beach hotels in Kenya are most popular with beach lovers because of their proximity to safari destinations and tourist attractions in Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda. Whether one wants to do a safari in either of the countries, connecting from any beach hotel is easy.
Diani beach is a major beach on the Indian Ocean coast of Kenya and with the best beach hotels in Kenya. Located 30 kilometers south of Mombasa, in Kwale County, Diani beach is the most popular beach in Kenya. Diani beach has been voted Africa’s leading beach destination with The stunning beach is about 10 kilometers long, with shallow waters near the shore with Diani beach hotels being best.
Diani beach has a wonderful coral reef right off the coast, plenty of palm trees, and underwater sandbars. For beach holidaymakers who love activities that go with beaches worldwide, then Diani beach is the place to be. The most famous activities one can do in Diani such as snorkeling, swimming with dolphins at Wasini islands. However one can still surf, deep-sea fishing. Beach hotels in Kenya
The best beach hotels in Kenya in Diani beach:
- Diani Reef Beach Resort and Spa is set in a magnificent white palm-fringed beach was recently been completely refurbished and renovated and the modern hotel looks, combined with beach and African décor.
- The Indian Ocean Beach Club is located along a quiet corner at the edge of Diani beach near the marine park. The hotel has a hundred rooms in clusters of thatched cottages and double upper rooms.
- Leopard Beach Resort located in Diani Beach is the epitome of Swahili style luxury, international cuisine, and extensive, tropical gardens.
- Pinewood Village comprises 20 spacious 2/3 bedroom self-contained villas beautifully decorated in true ‘African’ style.
- Southern Palms Hotel Discover an oceanfront hotel that captures the essence and allure of Mombasa, Kenya, and The Indian Ocean.
- Baobab Beach Resort / KoleKole Located on the world-famous Diani Beach, The Baobab Beach Resort and Spa is set within 80 acres of tropical gardens, overlooking the Indian Ocean
- Located on one of Africa’s top beaches, The Sands at Nomad is the perfect destination to enjoy the ultimate Diani beach holiday on Kenya’s East Coast.
- Swahili Beach is much more than meets the eye. Culture and history provide its very soul
- Almanara luxury villas Located on Diani Beach, Kenya, Almanara offers 6 Executive Villas and 1 spectacular Presidential Villa.
- Diani sea resort Set on the most beautiful unspoiled crystal white sandy beaches on the south coast of Kenya.
- Diani sea lodge Situated right on the white sand beach of the Indian Ocean, Diani Sea Lodge, an all-inclusive 3+ resort
- PrideInn Express Diani A gem with all the trappings of hospitality pleasure, your stay at the PrideInn Express Diani will take you on an unmatched journey through the rich and robust Coastal culture. Our prime South Coast location and exceptional services will ensure that you enjoy the PrideInn touch blended with the good-natured coastal bliss.
- Leisure lodge & Golf Resort Welcome to Leisure Lodge Beach & Golf Resort, situated on the powder white sands of the award-winning Diani Beach some 38kms south of Mombasa. Our attentive team will make your stay most memorable and unforgettable. Golf course has contributed to making it the choice of leisure tourists looking for the best beach hotels in Kenya.
- The Papillon Lagoon Reef is located on Diani Beach. It offers an outdoor pool, a beach bar, and a restaurant with a terrace. All these facilities offer views of the Indian Ocean. The property is decorated in a traditional Swahili style. Guests can practice diving, tennis, and exercise in the gym.
- Simba + Oryx Beach Cottages in Diani, located on the South coast of Mombasa (Diani), situated in a private and quiet beach plot along the Indian Ocean, on a sandy palm beach. With 10 self-catering cottages, well furnished with an African outlook and accommodation for 2 up to 6 guests.
North Coast Beaches
Best Beach hotels in Kenya; The coast is lined with pristine palm-fringed beaches and the calm inviting waters of the Indian Ocean. The beaches are broken by the wide mouth of Kilifi Creek, whose azure waters are a popular port of call on the international yachting circuit. The beaches of Nyali, Bamburi, Vipingo, Kikambala, and Shanzu are home to a wide range of World Class resorts with fine cuisine and services.
The small town of Malindi is at the center of a strip of idyllic tropical beaches offering the visitor a range of world-class resorts and quiet relaxing hideaways. Further south, the sleepy village of Watamu is fronted by wide white beaches. This tranquil haven is home to several well-established resorts, and many private guesthouses scattered through the forest along the deserted shore.
At Watamu a Marine National Park has been established, an ideal day trip for divers and snorkelers alike. Northwest of Malindi is the spectacular Marafa Depression, locally known as Nyari and popularly known as Hell’s Kitchen. An extensive series of sandstone gorges and sheer gullies, this unique and otherworldly landscape has become part of local folklore.
The thick jungles of the Arabuko Sokoke Forest reserve hide a world of wonders. In the cool of the forest winding paths will take you in search of rare endemic birds and mammals, and visiting herds of elephants. You can’t miss doing this excursion from any beach hotels in Kenya thus making your holiday more exciting.
Lamu is a place like no other, a peaceful tropical island where life is lived at its own relaxed rhythm, but a place whose history is as mysterious and fascinating as the winding streets of its medieval stone town.
It is important to noted holiday at any beach hotel in Kenya combines very well with safari extension in any part of Kenya. Beach hotels in Kenya
The best beach hotels in Kenya in the North coast:
- Serena Beach Hotel 5 star and the best beach hotels in Kenya is one of the beach hotels in Mombasa is styled to resemble a Swahili town complete with winding lanes, carved balconies, courts, and bustling market squares, the provides world-class cuisine and vibrant nightlife.
- Voyager Beach Resort An All-Inclusive resort overlooks the white sands of Nyali Beach, just 7km north of Mombasa. It has 233 spacious ‘cabins’ 83 with beautiful sea-views, the remainder overlooking the resort’s lush tropical gardens. Eight cabins are interconnected for families, and the resort also offers three large junior suites
- The white sands beach hotel offers 340 rooms, which are suites and have balconies or verandas, ensuite bathrooms, air-conditioning, direct dial telephones, and in-room safes; also enjoys the longest seafront on the North Coast of Mombasa, which boasts one of the finest beaches in East Africa.
- Bamburi Beach Hotel is one of the best beach hotels in Mombasa and the perfect honeymoon getaway. Bamburi Beach Hotel is a 3 star, beachfront resort on the North Coast of Mombasa offering excellent and unparalleled service.
- The Severin Sea Lodge is located at Bamburi Beach directly at the Indian Ocean and affectionately built in a traditional African style: The round bungalows, the main building, and the two swimming pools are arranged nestling amidst a beautiful palm garden.
- Nyali Beach Hotel was opened in 1946 and is an architectural marvel and brings the colonial past and glory of Kenya. For decades, Nyali beach has been among the best beach hotels in Kenya offering a panoramic view of the Indian Ocean, Nyali Beach Hotel is a gracious landmark of the Mombasa, showcasing graceful arches, tiled roof lush green vast lawns, and woodwork.
- Everyone will enjoy Driftwood Beach Club Malindi for it’s barefoot, relaxed, and informal style. We cater to families, couples, or groups and can host small conferences or large wedding ceremonies. This charming hotel is situated on Silversands beach.
- Located in the beautiful coastal city of Mombasa, Sun n Sand Beach Resort in Kenya is considered one of Kenya’s best luxury beach resorts. The resort is stretched over a verdant 12-acre piece of prime beach property, making it an ideal holiday spot for all sorts of travelers.
- Travelers beach hotel, a 4-star hotel is in Bamburi Beach, 6 miles from the center of Mombasa. It features a large lagoon-style outdoor pool and 4 restaurants. The spacious, air-conditioned rooms and suites at Travelers Beach Hotel all include a balcony with Indian Ocean views and some have a four-post bed
- Flamingo Beach Resort & Spa is a cozy boutique hotel featuring 137 spacious rooms, an Olympic capacity free form swimming pool, a unique beach cave bar, and entertainment facilities. All rooms are fully air-conditioned and are housed in six separate four-story buildings surrounding a large lagoon-shaped swimming pool and gardens. Newly refurbished with state of the art furnishers has made Flamingo choice for many looking for the best beach hotels in Kenya to holiday at
- The Scorpio Villas Malindi is an attractive Small Resort where guests stay in Lamu-style, thatched cottages, furnished with hand-carved furniture including a large four-poster bed. Every cottage has a large, shady terrace and the dining waiter will serve breakfast here every morning (on your request, or you may wish to dine in the restaurant).
- Leopard Point Luxury Beach Resort & Spa is a new Boutique Resort placed in Malindi – Watamu Marine Park Kenya. Only 15 rooms in 4 independent Villas each one with an infinity pool, exclusive garden, open livings, kitchen, and staff room with proper staff, built with traditional materials and finely furnished.
- Malindi Dream Garden in Kenya is a contemporary boutique hotel nestled amongst colorful tropical gardens on the shores of Malindi Beach. The resort features 44 delightful deluxe rooms and 4 superb suites, all with private balconies looking over the beautiful garden pool.
- Diamond Dream of Africa Watamu Welcomes to a resort in Watamu Kenya where the enchanting power of nature blends in with the exotic style of the Indo-Arab buildings to offer you a mesmerizing charm, which in Swahili, is called “bembeleza”. Sit in the Balinese chaise lounges on your room terrace and listen to the sound of the wind rustling the palm trees, enjoy the music of the waves, and let your heart dance in silence: your Dream of total relaxation has finally come true
- Sandies Tropical Village Malindi is an excellent choice for travelers visiting Malindi, offering a family-friendly environment alongside many helpful amenities designed to enhance your stay. Rooms at Sandies Tropical Village Hotel provide air conditioning, and guests can stay connected with paid wifi.
- Sai Eden Roc Hotel is nestled in 38 acres of tropical garden with direct access to the miles along Malindi beach. The location is unique; you combine a beach vacation with all the amenities of the historical coastal town of Malindi and easy access to Tsavo East National Park.
- Hemingways Watamu is an iconic tropical paradise on the Kenyan coast sitting right in the middle of the pristine Watamu Marine National Park with its idyllic white sand beach and turquoise waters. The exceptional personal service and sincere charm of this established hotel have come to represent Kenyan coastal luxury to so many travelers for close to 30 years.
- Looking for a place to stay in Watamu and best beach hotels in Kenya? Then look no further than Turtle Bay Beach Club, a charming all-inclusive resort that brings the best of Watamu to your doorstep. The resort offers guests an array of room amenities including air conditioning, a mosquito net, and a desk, and getting online is possible, as free internet access is available.
- Welcome to Crystal Bay Resort, your “home away from home.” Crystal Bay Watamu aims to make your visit as relaxing and enjoyable as possible, which is why so many guests continue to come back year after year. Guests have access to room service and a concierge while staying at Crystal Bay Watamu.
- Manda Bay is located on the Northwestern tip of Manda Island, one of the many unspoiled, idyllic islands of the Lamu archipelago. An exclusive resort, Manda Bay offers relaxation, water sports, dhow safaris, and luxurious pampering throughout your stay. Surrounded by miles of soft white sand, Kenya Manda Island is the perfect retreat for families and honeymooners.
- In the village of Shela, on the island of Lamu – just off the Kenya Coast – Kijani Hotel offers unique accommodation with its 3,000 sq. meters of a tropical garden. Located directly at the seafront with two freshwater swimming pools. Kijani Hotel Lamu has 10 rooms spread throughout the garden into three small separate traditional Swahili buildings which formerly were private homes
- Peponi Hotel is a small boutique hotel on the island of Lamu, situated in the Indian Ocean off the North coast. Run by the Korschen family who happened upon the old building by chance in the 1960s. The story begins on the family’s final holiday in Malindi; Aage and Wera Korschen had been farmers in upcountry Kenya.
- Idyllic, luxurious, stylish, unique, …the Majlis resort is a privately-owned luxury beach hotel on the north coast of Kenya in the Indian ocean. Designed and built to reflect Lamu’s heritage tradition, The Majlis combines 25 superbly appointed luxury air-conditioned suites built with Western comforts and local tradition.
- On the beachfront of Manda Island just 5 minutes from Shela by boat. Diamond Beach Village is a small family-run eco-lodge, restaurant, and bar offering barefoot luxury. Come for the day and enjoy the beach and restaurant serving fresh seafood, salads, pizza and desserts, and cocktails at the bar, and fresh juices making it top among the best beach hotels in Kenya.
- Lamu Palace Hotel itself resembles a palace with its large open spaces and tall handsome pillars forming arches. Lamu Palace hotel is located on the seafront which means there is always a good sea breeze.